Meet Our Intern: Nakeah

We're lucky to have an intern this Summer! Not just an intern but a motivated, hardworking and fun intern. We are so happy to have Nakeah's smiling face in our Muskegon office for the Summer. We really appreciate her assistance in the office and at local events.

internship, michigan insurance group

Here is a small biography from Keah:

My name is Nakeah Brown, but usually everyone calls me Keah. I am 20 years old and the oldest of 3 siblings. I was born in Grand Haven but grew up in Muskegon and attended North Muskegon Middle and High School.  I now go to Western Michigan University where I will be entering my Senior year in the College of Business with a major in Finance and minors in Accounting, Economics, and General Business.

I chose to get a Finance degree because money basically runs everything and I love dealing with numbers. Plus, there are so many different fields such as insurance, investments, banking, corportate, and financial planning that I could make a career in. After college, I am hoping to live in Grand Rapids, or a bigger city but I don’t think I want to move out of state right away.

windshield repair day, glass america, michigan insurance group

I am actually the first person to attend college in my family so school has been very important to me. I want to live up to my potential and make the most of my college degree which is why I decided to become an intern this summer. Being an intern allows me to get insight on which career path I would like to follow when I graduate college and it also helps me understand how businesses operate day to day. Right now, I am not exactly sure which financial field I would like to pursue, but being apart of Michigan Insurance Group is helping me learn more about the Insurance industry and all it has to offer.


Written by Nakeah Brown, Intern
Karlee MillerCreative Administrator

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Roadside Assistance

Grandma Pat's Butterscotch Cookies

Teen Driver Safety