Why I had Renter’s Insurance

I use the word ‘had’ because I reflect back to the days my four person family and our cat lived or should I say crammed ourselves into a 1,000 sq. ft. apartment. Even though the apartment was small it was our home. Every closet, shelf and cupboard was stacked with our stuff. How we fit all of our stuff, us and our cat in that space is beyond me. I do know, I still value all of these things almost as much as I value our time there. We made so many memories in the place where we felt safe and secure. It’s important to know what you value as you decide if Renter’s Insurance is for you. So, I give you 5 reasons why I had Renter’s Insurance:

clutter, stuff, belongings,

1. Neighbors. If the neighbor happened to catch the apartment building on fire and our property was damaged the Renter’s insurance would help replace our things. You never know what is happening on the other side of the wall so why not safe guard your stuff?

2. I love my stuff. I need my stuff. Clothing, computer, jewelry, sports equipment, my daughters things, my husband’s work attire, shoes, etc. If something was damaged in a fire or stolen I know I would feel victimized and upset. I had Renter’s insurance just in case something happened. I knew I wouldn’t be able to afford to replace them myself.

apartment fire, rent, renters insurance,

3. Worst fear: Apartment fire. My worst fear is waking up and smelling smoke and realizing my home is on fire. Maybe this is extreme but it is true. Losing everything we worked so hard to get is part of that fear. Having a Renter’s Insurance policy lessened that fear for me.

4. I hate being cold. So sleeping outside doesn’t sound the least bit exciting to me. Camping in the Summer is one thing, but being homeless sounds like “we’re up a creek without a paddle.” If our apartment were damaged and we couldn’t live there anymore Renter’s Insurance would’ve helped cover the cost of living expenses while the apartment is being repaired.

5. I love discounts and sales. We received a discount on our auto insurance by having renter’s insurance. The discount we received actually covered the cost of our Renter’s Insurance; therefore, we had coverage on our belongings for free!

Your top 4 reasons might be similar or completely different. None the less, if you couldn’t afford to replace your belongings or pay for extra housing, Renter’s Insurance is probably for you.

Michigan Insurance Group offers Renter’s Insurance and our agents will be happy to give you a Renter’s Insurance quote. Give us a call 616-755-3000 or 231-755-3000. You can also request a quote online.


Written by Karlee Miller
Creative Administrator


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Roadside Assistance

Grandma Pat's Butterscotch Cookies

Teen Driver Safety