Holiday Traditions

What holiday tradition do you look forward to every year? Is there a tradition you have continued that has been passed down from generations? Did you start a tradition for your family? Traditions are one of the many things that make the holiday season special. We asked our team these same questions. See what traditions make our holidays merry and bright.

"One of our holiday traditions is to hop in the car, grab hot cocoa and drive around to see all the Christmas light displays. On Christmas morning I make cinnamon rolls from scratch to enjoy." - Sarah Kallio, Licensed Insurance Agent



Lisa Stay, Customer Service Assistant, says "My family has always had a village under the tree at Christmas.  Each house has been bought as a memory of what happened during the year.  My village started when I moved out of my parents home with houses that represented the dance studio I took at, the restaurant my husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at, and a nutcracker dancing stage for my many years of participating in the ballet.  Over the past 15 years some of the few houses I have added are a Marina, an Irish Pub, a bike shop, and a Disney monorail for the trips my children have taken with their grandparents to Disney World.


"My biggest holiday tradition is making homemade chocolates with my mom every Christmas. Peanut butter balls, chocolate covered cherries, chocolate covered pretzels, peanut brittle, chocolate covered cashews, chocolate and peanut butter fudge. We also make gingerbread men, sugar cookies and peanut butter kiss cookies. My favorite part about this tradition is sharing them with family, friends and co-workers." - Amanda Merrills, Licensed Insurance Agent



Dawn Cook, of Muskegon says, "On December 1st our elf on the shelf shows up for our North Pole breakfast and it is the first day of our Random Acts of Kindness advent tree, one for everyday until Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas Eve we sit down as a family and read The Night Before Christmas. I have always read The Night Before Christmas as a child and the other traditions started when I had my first."

"For as long as I can remember White Christmas has played on the TV in my parents house the whole month of December. My Mom has always enjoyed these movies and now, every year I enjoy them too. The dancing, the music and the stories in White Christmas always put me in the holiday spirit to decorate, wrap gifts and celebrateI can't ignore that warm fuzzy feeling I get when Bing Crosby starts singing, I'm dreaming of a White Christmas.' - Karlee Miller, Creative Administrator

We would love to hear your holiday traditions. Share them on our Facebook page or comment below. 



If you've enjoyed this blog Like us on Facebook where we post new content every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Benefits of Roadside Assistance

Grandma Pat's Butterscotch Cookies

Teen Driver Safety